View Single Post

Old 11-15-2019, 05:25 PM

See my earlier posts (6 and 7) for further links and info.

Roku is NOT a service, so to speak. It is the hardware device which connects your TV to the internet and allows you access to content from the internet and plays it on your TV. Think of it as a DVD player and the internet is the DVD. You have to buy or rent the DVDs to play in your DVD player. For the Roku, you have to buy the service so the Roku can play the content (although some internet content is free, the main US networks and the Golf Channel are NOT).

The Roku Streaming Stick or the Roku Express+ should work with your older TV. See Roku

Most network feeds are NOT free. They will REQUIRE you PAY for a streaming service.

The Golf Channel is NOT free, nor is it available over the airwaves with an antenna. You MUST pay for a streaming service to gain access to that channel’s content.

This link, which I posted previously, will show your options to purchase (YES IT IS NOT FREE) a subscription which will give you access to the content (stations) you want.

Ditch Your Cable Subscription. Become a Cord-Cutter Today.

Put in your zip code, select the channels you want to receive, and it will list the services that can supply them.

I don’t think I can make it any simpler or plainer than that.