View Single Post

Old 11-19-2019, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I believe the LSV are still staying at Alden Bungalows, that's at the southern end of TV just north of 44 next to Brownwood and next to the soon to open hotel and medical center. I would go about a mile east and get on Buena Vista and drive north until it ends, about 16 miles. If you do the speed limit it will take about 40 minutes. You'll see pretty much all the differences between the south areas, the middle area and the north end.

You'll cross 466A in about 3 miles, this is a busy area and if you were to turn left and go 1/2 mile you would see Trailwinds Village, it's a new commercial area that has a Lowes, Aldis, ABC Liquor, Wendys, Taco Bell, Burger King, a credit union and a new Publix under construction. If you were to turn right onto 466A and go 3 miles, you would be at Colony Shopping area. This has a large assortment of medical facilities, a Walmart Grocery Store, a Publix, banks, and several small businesses.

As you continue north on Buena Vista when you pass the LSL area you'll go right by Arnold Palmer Golf Course and you see the areas where they have mostly premier homes in the Village of Bridgeport. After you cross 466 you pass Saddlebrook Rec Center and 4 softball fields. I believe we now have a total of 15 softball fields since they've are opening 4 in the new areas to go with the 11 we already have. We have the largest softball leagues in America with over 200 teams and 3,000 players. I played for five years when I first arrived, it's a lot of fun.

After you pass Saddlebrook, next on your right will be the polo fields. Besides polo, most mornings you can pull in and see the RC Airplane club, the kite club, some kind activity going on. Soon after the polo fields on your right will be Savannah Center. It a Rec Center but their is a show there just about every night. This past year I saw Starship featuring Mickey Thomas and the Original Village People. January 8th I'm going to see Molly Hatchet.

Keep going and you'll soon pass Lopez Country Club, which is suppose to have one of the best restaurants, however plan on spending $100 for two to eat. Buena Vista will terminate at SR 42, just before that, make a right at the last traffic circle and there is Mulberry Plaza, great pizza at Sammy Joe's. If you're a veteran, the VA medical center is there, it's fairly new since it opened in 2010 and services 16,000 veterans.

Then you can head back south on Buena Vista and at Camino Real traffic circle (that's where the Savannah Center was) take the 3rd exit onto Camino Real and ahead you'll pass The Villages Hospital on your left. At the Morse traffic circle that road will end and just continue to the second exit, which is like going straight, and that will bring you right into Spanish Springs. Turn right on Main St. (Mexican Restaurant on the corner) and you come to the square. The Sharon Theater will be the big building on your right, many shows are held there as well.

From Spanish Springs you'll have to put your GPS on and hit home. That's as far as I'm taking you today.

This is an excellent itinerary at least I think so. My wife and I did something smiliar except we were renting in Chatham so it was the reverse of what has been outlined above.