Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Thread: Starbucks...
View Single Post

Old 11-19-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1894 View Post
I've travelled over much of the globe visiting coffee growers and sampling numerous varieties of coffee. My sister runs a coffee plantation on Bali, Indonesia which is a great visit. While I enjoy sampling beans from producers all over the world, if I had to pick a favorite I would have to say Arabica beans from the Yirgacheffe region of Ethiopia. These beans are not too difficult to find in the US. Counter Culture Idido, Orinoco Organic Yirgachaffe, and Intelligentsia El Gallo can all be found on the Internet for a reasonable price. I also know the owner of Old Crown Coffee Roasters in Fort Wayne, IN and they can provide east African beans as well (also on the Internet). All will provide a recent roast date. Be careful of Amazon purchases as you might not get a recent roast. None of these roasters over roast their beans like Starbucks does. Also, these are all medium to medium-light roasts which allow the unique flavors of each variety to manifest. But, if you are into the dark Spanish, Italian, or French roast levels it doesnt really much matter what beans you use.
I grind my own beans just before use and typically use a French Press or Moka pot brew method but for my wife I do a pour-over.
I would never buy pre-ground coffee (it degrades very quickly) nor would I use distilled water to brew coffee - filtered water is best. Brewing coffee to get the most out of it is a highly nuanced process. I've recently written a white paper on optimizing the home brewing process and would be happy to provide a copy to you. Let me know. Win

Win, sure thing I’d like to read your white paper on home brewing.

At home I use an aero press.

AeroPress - Wikipedia

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.