View Single Post

Old 11-20-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
Many of the gates sensors are at different heights. I drive a van which works fine at my gate but many other gates are too low so I have to open the window to reach down. Depends on which gate you go in and what your window height is. One size does not fit all!
Absolutely true. The center of the sensor at our entrance gate is 54 inches above the road. Other nearby readers are 51", 47", and 46" above the road. It's not clear how taping the gate card to the door 37" above the ground as suggested elsewhere in this thread would work on all gates.

The other dimension that varies is setback from the curb. Of the four readers mentioned here, the front surface of some looks to be set back from the curb only about an inch, if at all, while some are set back up to about 8 inches. It would seem to have made more sense if they had all been installed "X" inches above the road, +/- a very little bit, and set back from the curb "Y" inches, +/- a very little bit.

As to the entrance gates opening automatically, I can't imagine how it would be any more dangerous for golf carts passing behind the gate if every vehicle stopped in front of the gate for a short time delay, 2 or 3 seconds, before the gate went up automatically. There are already times when the gates are left open intentionally. Before a hurricane in case of a power outage. The visitor gate when the attendant is using the restroom. And unintentionally when they get knocked off.