View Single Post

Old 11-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

#1 RULE in Real Estate "Location Location Location"

You can't buy a home that will please everyone, only some of the people. To make your home stand out from similar homes will be the location. All of the homes below 466A were built between the summer of 2011 and 2016. During that construction time they averaged selling 2,200 homes a year. The reason was the location. People liked the new areas, which also included 3 championship golf courses, shopping at Colony and the Brownwood Square.

I live halfway between LSL and Brownwood, about 3-1/2 miles to either square or about 20 minutes by golf cart to either square. I'm just north of 466A in Tamarind Grove. I can drive to 8 different championship golf courses in 25 minutes or less in my golf cart with my clubs on the back.

I believe the ideal location is anywhere just north of 466A. The Villages of St. James, Duval, St. Charles, Bonita or Hemingway. Most of these Villages are also between Buena Vista and Morse. Those are the two main north side two lane roads that have separate golf cart paths. All the feeder roads have golf cart lanes on the side, such as where I live. In my Village of Tamarind Grove and Buttonwood and Pennecamp you have to drive your cart on the side of a busy road with cars only a few feet away going 35 mph. That's why I don't recommend them even thought they're in that central region. St. James is in this area, but they are also very close to Buena Vista and any travel on the side of a road is minor.

Probably most people until they actually get out and drive a golf cart, don't realize how much nicer it is to be on a cart path with only other golf carts. That's the one regret I have living in Tamarind Grove. Otherwise I love our central location and highly recommend buying a home that you like in this area just north of 466A.