Thread: New homes?
View Single Post

Old 11-21-2019, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I have been reading your posts for years and find you to be credible and fair. Although you like TV, you speak up about things that others choose not to see — or try to spin. Thank you.

You asked for opinions. Here’s mine: I do not see how advertising those houses as “New” can be characterized as anything other than a bald-faced lie. (Or is it a bold-faced lie?) Whichever it is, it is an insult to the intelligence of potential buyers.

We have bought several houses over the years—only one in TV though. Mr. Boomer always looks at the electrical panel, along with all those other guts-of-the-house things.

If a potential buyer looks at the electrical panel in these “new” houses, they should see the date of the original inspection — I hope. (It is unlikely that the panel would have been replaced in a house just 10 years old so there the date of build should be.)

(And, btw, a Florida roof usually gets long-in-the-tooth years before a northern roof.)

The advertising should be changed to “recent updates.” How stupid do they think people are. (Rhetorical question — that is why I did not put a question mark at the end.) The false advertising makes the answer obvious.
As Ed said, most people know they aren't "new". I think" a bald face lie" is a little much though.

I don't think people try to "choose not to see" or "try to spin". I think most people just think these are homes used for lifestyle visits, for rentals, for quite some time but never SOLD to anyone.

No biggum dealum.