View Single Post

Old 11-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
A family member just sold a piece of property in Manhattan and sold it for an ---insane--- amount of money. Although he is just a "regular" recently retired guy, he wishes to use the proceeds and purchase a grand home in The Villages and he is asking for my help.

He has a budget for the house of 2.5 million with more than enough money left over to last him for the rest of his life and for the rest of his children's life. The budgeted amount would include the house, all fees, taxes and all furnishing.

"BEFORE" consulting a real estate agent and tax professional, any suggestions where we can look ?

Once again, Thank You !!!
OP, congratulations to your relative and friend. I’m sure any number of Realtors would be glad to show you and your friend several “upscale” properties in The Villages. It’s my experience that friends and family are just as important as the material possessions that we have been fortunate to obtain. You apparently know this friend and relative pretty well or he would not be asking you to do this. He apparently has a great deal of trust and confidence in you. Discuss with him what he has in mind for his retirement lifestyle. Does he like to play golf, tennis/pickleball, swim/workout, etc. ? Does he plan to keep a home in New York? I would then quietly go about scouting for upscale homes that would be suitable for his lifestyle. Good hunting and due diligence when you two agree on a piece of property to make an offer on.