Thread: Sale of home
View Single Post

Old 11-23-2019, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I don't think it's a good idea to start your listing at 5% because if you have a Modicum of Common Sense you would instantly realize that the Realtor will concentrate on the higher percentage listings.

To infer that Honesty with a Realtor is a given is Childish. I have been able to overhear conversations that were in my favor and didn't allow underhanded things orchestrated by crooked Realtors to occur to my buyer. Their job (Realtor) is to pay their own bills. They invite you to Holiday Parties and smile in your face. Do you think they give a Rats Bottom about you? Childish if you do. They are only thinking of themselves and The Next Deal.

It's a deal if everyone completes the transaction. If you stood up for yourself then your integrity to yourself and your family is admirable.

Not all realtors are terrible. If your not ready for the ones who are not good then I feel sorry for you.

So let's see what was the original question? Something to do with the percentage rate for selling a house or was it passing judgment on how some people complete their transactions and answer the OP'S question. My way work's like a champ because all the Adults at the closing table sign legal papers, transfer funds and walk with their head held high because in a deal compromise can be found in many ways. I hope I helped you JimJohnson. That was my original intention!