View Single Post

Old 11-25-2019, 06:52 AM
Cool Historical Side Slummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranford61 View Post
Avoid north of 441 (“Historical Side”is a code word for slummy) .... and south of 44 unless you like quarry blasting, prison lights and announcements and Turnpike road hum, and a dearth of golf courses and restaurants (unless you like food trucks with health citations).

My husband and I rented in the "historical slums" in April of this year. I found the neighborhood very friendly, active and welcoming. It was a great way to experience the lifestyle and be able to use the golf cart to get to every square. When we went to the Pickle Ball Courts and the bocce ball courts the people welcomed us as if they knew us. The people there are certainly older and now aging out. But the lovely homes replacing the manufactured ones are very nice, NO BOND and among matured landscapes. Not everyone can afford the later developed areas and after experiencing the older area I felt more welcome than some of the other areas we rented. It is also a wonderful first home for those who can see the future. It is a bit insulting to those who keep their manufactured homes and larger yards beautiful. Give the older, original people a break. Your remarks do not reflect welcome to the many looking for a home. Also, I see younger retirees moving to the newest areas. The current areas will look like the "original" before you know it.