View Single Post

Old 11-25-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
From some of your previous posts I think you are planning to bring or rent golf clubs for this trip. I also believe you are staying in or near the village of Hemingway.
If so, I'd recommend playing Championship Courses at both nearby Havana CC and Mallory Hill CC. Both of these Country Clubs are also great choices for lunch or dinner after golf.
If you haven't played any of the Executive Courses yet, I'd highly recommend you play one or more of the following nearby exec courses; Roosevelt, Truman, Bogart, Bacall.
My wife absolutely loves the Executive Courses and it's the main reason we selected The Villages instead of other nearby retirement communities. I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of all the Exec Courses, and they can all be challenging to play, especially from the black tees.
I hope you and your friends have a great visit!
Last time I visited in June I played two championship courses and our cart ride took us by Havana CC looked very nice. Will try that this time. I am looking forward to playing some Executive courses as well thanks for the information.