View Single Post

Old 11-25-2019, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We had all that in Connecticut (the East coast). In fact at one point in American history, our state was famous for its tobacco; the finest cigars in the world were rolled in those leaves. There are horse farms, dairy farms galore, and we got fresh hen and duck eggs from a small family farm 10 minutes from us. No refrigeration needed because we picked them up unwashed, and washed right before using. We also got fresh-picked produce from one of several organic farms in the area. I worked for one of the dairy manufacturers as a marketing secretary, our milk came from local dairies throughout the state. And Liuzzi cheese and Elm City cheese have been around forever (Elm City since 1896).

When someone from somewhere other than the east coast claims that "East coast people" are somehow lacking because we don't have the benefit of fresh milk and eggs, I don't know whether to roll my eyes or go all Jersey Girl on them.
Maybe they meant just Manhattan life long residents.

I do know this;.....I have heard with my own ears, from my very own friends that some people from New Jersey claim to have eaten New Jersey corn and tomatoes that were superior to Ohio corn and tomatoes. Any living breathing American, knows that isn't possible!!!

reynoldsburg, ohio tomato festival - Bing images

Ohio sweet corn - Bing images

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-25-2019 at 10:47 AM.