View Single Post

Old 11-25-2019, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
There will be new Taco Bell opening soon on 466A near the new Lowes. Good tacos. They actually have taco sauce, which most other mexican restaurants have never heard of. They think salsa is taco sauce.
That's because "taco sauce" is an American invention, and isn't part of Mexican cuisine. In Mexican cuisine there's hot sauce, salsa, and pico de gallo. Salsa IS the sauce typically put on tacos, when one chooses to put any sauce on it at all. The word itself, "salsa," is Spanish for "sauce." Only at American fast-food joints is this not true.

For another Mexican-style fast-ish foodery, I have tried Lazy Mac's Taco Shack inside the theatre at Sumter Landing. I had an empanada. It was very tasty, though I think next time I'll try the chicken - I think I'll like that better. They also have fresh pico that you can spoon out into a little paper cup - just enough for three forksfull. For me, one empanada and one little thing of pico is a perfect lunch. Very inexpensive too, under $4.

They have dollar beef tacos on Tuesdays. I haven't tried those but I definitely will next time I'm there on a Tuesday.