View Single Post

Old 11-26-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusglenn View Post
Just bought a 2019 Ford Edge Titanium... in fact I'm picking it up today... good deal on the 2019 models right now... will keep an eye out for this problem... fingers crossed..
I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner but they had my account locked because of an email change issue. From what I understand, all of the new Fords with this transmission (8F35) have this issue to some degree. I test drove another one that was equipped the same and it didn't do it as bad as mine. Ford has had the same problems with a similar eight-speed transmission (8F57) which they were able to fix with software to reprogram the computer.
If you find that yours does this at low speeds call the service line and open a case (1-800-392-3673). I have been told by the dealership that is the only way to get it fixed. Ford is telling people that it is normal for that model to shift like that. Believe me there is nothing normal about it.
People on here have mentioned warranty, of course it is under warranty I just bought it but they are saying there is nothing out to fix it yet. This is the most frustrating part of the whole thing. The dealership knows there is a problem with these, has told Ford about it, and Ford is telling them to tell customers that it is normal.
Anyway if you got one I wish you luck and I hope they come out with a TSB soon to fiz it.