View Single Post

Old 11-26-2019, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The needs of the lawn involve more than just water. Pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, are all being "absorbed" into the ground where it then percolates into the aquifers, mixes with natural bacterium, consumed by other bacterium, fungi, and whatever bugs and insects live off the sludge, which then feeds whatever birds and other animals feed on the insects and bugs, which then becomes food for the next animal up the food chain, and so on and so forth.

And then, the water is churned right back into your lawn by way of your sprinkler system. Do you not notice how nasty that water smells? Maybe it's because I'm relatively new but I can't even turn the hose on to clean the bugs off my car in the driveway without gagging.

The water in your hose, or in the sprinkling system smells here because it has laid quietly for awhile in a warm dark place and smelly little one celled critters that you appear to know about has grown in it. Once that first water is cleared, it isn't smelly. Many things are different here in this warmer climate. Another thing is bugs that can quickly grow in your home. Most of us are very grateful for pesticides to keep them out. Some of Florida's roaches need saddles. AND love me those pesticides to kill the Fire Ants. Their bites hurt and sting and last for a couple of weeks.

Better living through chemistry.