View Single Post

Old 11-26-2019, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,419 Times in 5,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I believe it's always good to be educated on the medications our providers want to prescribe for us. I tend to weigh side-effects vs the benefits and then want conversation with my doctor re: this. Did you all know that many times dr's don't know all that much except what the drug rep. tells them???

We can alter what's happening in our bodies by changing our eating habits AND perhaps using supplements as well. I know this will rattle "some" people's thoughts but it's true. I once was on 15 drugs and now I'm down to 5. I have a couple of autoimmune issues going on so can't stop those meds.
I agree that doctors don't really know much about the drugs they prescribe, because they don't do much follow-up. They can prescribe a drug, the patient could die, and they may not even know it. But, I don't agree about the published side effects, because I think they are often written by lawyers to protect the drug company from lawsuits. Also, regarding supplements, I don't think you ever know what you are getting, because the ingredients are not regulated and controlled by the FDA.