View Single Post

Old 11-26-2019, 06:01 PM

Many women I know are on antidepressants. Whether they truly need them or not I do not know but I remember when they had not yet been invented and people seemed happy enough. I shudder when I recall some who considered themselves overweight taking Fen Phen. My doctor is very conservative about prescribing medication unless a patient really needs it as many times once a person is on it they cannot get off it. He has told me a couple of times to lose a few pounds to lower my blood pressure as it was 130 over 90. I did and it went back down to 120 over 80. Common sense. He and I laugh about certain pain killers often prescribed as they don’t really kill the pain. They make you just not care you have the pain and constipate the heck out of you. Lol

Some time ago I read some book about Blue Zones where people live long healthy lives. The people eat fresh food, lead very low stress lives, are socially connected to extended family and friends and are physically active. They do not have high level healthcare facilities nearby. Their lifestyle keeps them healthy, not medications.

Last edited by Luv2Bretired; 11-26-2019 at 06:14 PM.