View Single Post

Old 11-27-2019, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I like the look of manicured lawns but it’s difficult with our grass in Florida. I also like well kept native plants and “natural” landscape. I am an unashamed admirer of beauty.
Rocks are easy to maintain (the lazy part of me seriously considered this) there are some lovely Zen meditation gardens in Japan. It is possible to achieve in TV but would probably look hot and arid and unnatural. Perhaps with a water element added it might look less artificial. Nothing replaces living things for me.

Rocks are not as easy as you think especially if you have bushes. Few years weeds will still pop up and If you have the ugly hollies those leaves are very had to kick up out of rocks. course most think there yard man got it easy because of the rocks. I hear blowers and suckers for hours trying to get leaves and twigs out of rock yards. Course most expect every leave to be cleaned up and don’t have clue how hard that is. Neighbors jut had there yard shrubs (all of them) and rocks removed. Mat repair and new rocks put down. Well see in couple years if weeds start to pop up.