View Single Post

Old 11-27-2019, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We just did a small test area about three weeks ago. We scrapped out the stone about 4 inches deep that we put down last year with a double layer of weed block then we crisscrossed 4 layers of an even better quality weed block in the 5 x 5-foot area. We then screened and cleaned the stone which was no big deal and put down the beautiful clean stones and manicured them perfectly. I bet Mrs. Nucky a Coffee that the weeds or grass would pop thru within a month. Well, BINGO it happened within a month with a vengeance. We tried the Industrial Vinegar route to be environmentally friendly before the test with no luck.

I have every intention of slowly removing every stone that we laid down last year and putting down 4 layers of the weed block and skipping the no big deal screening of the stone and then putting the wiring for the decorative Pink Flamingo Lights (Kidding) in conduit under this operation. We will then spray it all with the strongest most Miserable Heavy Duty Industrial Weed Murderlizer (Not Kidding) that I can find. I will do 2 to 3 feet a day until finito completo. Our youngest son will probably help me during the Chrismas week and knock it out in a couple of hours. He likes to work in the yard.

I can't imagine anyone thinking about stoning the entire lawn. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've done a lot of decorative landscaping in my life. I know I am in the south. I know there is a gigantic difference between here and there. I know that if you put weed block down and stone the entire lawn you will be one sorry individual. You can't say you haven't been warned. I've said it before and I'll say it again. We live in The Tropics, Jurassic Park.

One last thing. There is a house on W Boone in The Hysterical section that took up the lawn and put down wood chips and then a few weeks later added small plants that I would imagine are going to be ground cover at some point. You wanna see a disaster? Give it a look-see. I wouldn't call on them, that's not my thing but to prevent another person from making the same mistake you gotta see this. Don't call on them lets see where this goes in a year. Should be just wonderful.

Drop The Stone Keep The Lawn!