View Single Post

Old 11-27-2019, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

In my opinion, yes. Since last spring or summer or whenever it was when they installed new sound systems. We used to go into the square almost every night for the "loud" rock bands like Johhny Wild and it was bearable sitting in the middle areas. Now when we sit outside across the street at Starbucks very often it's impossible to carry on a conversation with others at the table. I have a sound measuring app on my phone which has been pretty highly rated as being quite accurate and very often it reaches 90db and occasionally the "dangerous" area of 100db and this is outside across the street at Starbucks. Of course it depends on the band and the type of music but those same R&R bands were very bearable in the square in the past but now are unbearable even across the street. My hearing is fine, just had it checked 3 days ago. I like loud music, but it has become painful at times recently. It's partly the fault of the guy running around with the iPad adjusting sound levels. I think he is hard of hearing.