View Single Post

Old 11-28-2019, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
Every concert I've ever been to, and I've seen many of the greats, was loud. IMHO, unless you're listening to ballads, love songs, or the old standards, rock n' roll is supposed to be loud. Maybe a pair of foam earplugs might be the answer.
THese are NOT CONCERTS that you are going to in professional venues. it's daily entertainment for the Villages "in the park." You're missing the point (well, my point, maybe not everyone's). We've gone just about every night for the last 2 1/2 years and the music was never THIS loud. It changed markedly and varies greatly. Loud is one thing, painful is another. It was not always that way. Now the same band on 2 different appearances at the same place can be twice as loud as the time before which was only a week or 2 earlier. These shows aren't intended for people in their 20's and 30's it for people generally 55+++. There is no need for dangerously loud music especially when it is different for the same band from one performance to the next. It's NOT THE BAND, it's the guy playing with sound levels in the booth.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 11-28-2019 at 10:10 PM.