Thread: Sciatica nerve
View Single Post

Old 11-28-2019, 11:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Bellaboy, you seem to have tried all the conventional routes. Now I would recommend trying David Kuhn on 301, a chiropractor. After physical therapy made my problem worse, I went to him and he gave me relief. He is an old-fashioned chiropractor with only a few bells and whistles, but magic hands with your back. If you have an MRI and take it to him, he can set up a series of corrections that medicare will cover (if you are of that age).

One other thing... My sciatica problem had gone away after I quit the tennis team in 1997, but it reared its ugly head again when we moved down here permanently in 2013. (We had been living in a three-story condo up north.) After a few years in a one-story house here, I could barely walk. That's when I went through PT and on to the chiro. Now we have a summer home that is two stories, so must do stairs a lot (the one bathroom is upstairs) and it's in a spot where we do a lot of hiking on uneven ground. Lo and behold, my back problem has disappeared. I think the unevenness of terrain plus going up and down stairs again has realigned my back to alleviate the problem. Of course, that is my non-medical-degree guess. However, Anytime Fitness has a stair stepper, if maybe that would help you. Good luck; I know the pain.