View Single Post

Old 11-30-2019, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I'd be very interested in you giving your opinion of why we have due process and a judicial system. Why we have grand juries and trial by jury with the defendant entitled to representation. Rather than just what seems to be an attempt to disagree without substance. Please point out to me where I am wrong that before an employer fires a person for doing something wrong, they ought to be sure that person actually did something wrong. And that such an investigation is important, not just a nuisance to avoid litigation. That apparently tired old bromide about innocent until.. I am fairly sure that taught that to students in Ohio in the good old days.
Here is the headline that appeared in the national news:

"Starbucks suspends employee who sold coffee labeled 'PIG' to police officer"

So, Starbucks already knew who did it and they apparently intended to only suspend, not fire the employee. That is the way they chose to report the incident to the media. To me, an employee who used the Starbucks computer system and the Starbucks name to insult every police officer in the country, and basically tell them that they don't want their business, should not be suspended. That person should be fired.