View Single Post

Old 11-30-2019, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelstore2 View Post
Let me put it this way. I am not old enough to live in the villages. My hearing is just fine. I drive a convertible car and have had the top down and had the radio on at a normal volume. I did not heard the sirens until they were right on me. even the fire trucks. I cant imagine if I had the top up and windows rolled up and radio on and hard of hearing. I am sure I would have been one of those guilty people of not getting out of the way. Maybe they should invest in a train horn instead of a bicycle siren.
Really? Typical of the generation not old enough to live here..... blame the emergency equipment. Try getting a REAR VIEW Mirror! Here's some instructions on how to use them:

Check your rearview mirror on a regular basis. Even if you are just driving straight ahead on an open highway, it's important to know what is going on behind you. This means you should be looking at your rearview mirror every 5-8 seconds.
This will keep your understanding of the traffic conditions behind you up to date.
It will also allow you to keep track of cars that are passing you, and even cars that are acting sporadically or dangerously behind you.