View Single Post

Old 12-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

I think it’s easier to look at the Villages north of 44, and those Villages south of 44 not as one community, but as sister communities. They do have lots in common, and residents of one can access amenities in the other, but they aren’t catering to the same types of seniors. The north is the golf cart communities, with the MMPs meant for golf carts and easily accessible squares and commercial areas with markets and health care and restaurants. Folks that prefer that section often embrace the golf cart only mentality, leaving their cars in the garage while using their carts for all shopping, entertainment, and other transportation needs.

The south is more of a walking/running/biking community with miles of trails for those pursuits. People choosing the south are enjoying the quiet of nature with less sounds of gas golf carts. They are not adverse to driving for shopping or restaurants, as they probably would drive even if those things were within golf cart reach.

Both communities have tons of recreation opportunities. The developer is consistently getting the neighborhood recreation centers open as people move to the area. I think some of the most beautiful executive courses are in the south.

I think connectivity will be a bonus for both sides, but I think very few bought homes in the south thinking they were getting a golf cart community. Nature is the keystone of the south Villages.