View Single Post

Old 12-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmac4 View Post
This is our first official year as residents to visit the Christmas Tree lighting at Brownwood. Previously I have been once with a friend who is a resident. That being said I was surprised how many people were there who are not residents. It seemed to me that my money will be going to entertain the general public and their children. There were no areas to put our chairs. Most people we spoke with were not Villages residents - some coming from miles away. That's all great - in the spirit of Christmas etc. but I was a bit annoyed. We have recently moved from Celebration where all special community events were for residents and we needed to show our resident id. Why isn't this put in force here? I certainly did not come to entertain the general public at my expense. Perhaps a substantial fee for outsiders would be a happy medium.
Wow. Now that you have learned a bit of how things are here, may I suggest that you continue by first attending CDD orientation, and then Resident Academy. Also, look into the 80/20 ratio as it relates to 55+ communities. Become informed and you will save yourself a lot of aggravation.