View Single Post

Old 12-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
NOTHING like being open-minded. Those are two of the best things about life, being teachable and open-minded. It takes time but I've mastered both.
I studied Philosophy in college at the University of Nevada, Reno. Philosophy does require thinking for yourself. Had started as pre-med but after volunteering at the Veterans' Hospital for a year of Saturdays in 1977-1978 had decided that I could not deal all that well with people passing often whom you had grown close to by taking care of them. There had been several losses of people there while I was volunteering. And the math was kind of harder than I expected.

Unfortunately, a lot of the people I cared about here in the Villages have passed on or moved out to be nearer family. NOTHING but hard.

You do need to be fairly open to new ideas while studying Philosophy. And I have talked with people with many different views of things here in the Villages or nearby.

I was very interested in the problem of evil-- why a good and just God would allow terrible things to happen to good people.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-02-2019 at 03:08 PM.