View Single Post

Old 12-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Sad for me to see how people allow "P" views to color everything they might be exposed to. Like high school, making decisions on stupid things instead of what should guide us is becoming prevelant.

As to the movie......I enjoyed very much the attention to detail in everything...wardrobe, sets and actual events. Always dramatic liscense, but in general very accurate it appears.

Having spent a lot of my early adult years in South Philly, I related to much of the characters, etc.

Overall, it was great.

I enjoy movies, plays, broadway, etc, NOT because if an actors feelings on anything, but realize, they do not forfeit the right to use their platform in any way they choose. If an actors opinions move you to ignore what they bring to our society, that is your loss and signifies a very closed mind.

Many on the world stage I find repugnant, but I still listen, investigate and consider what they say...that is how we grow and expand our minds.

Let's discuss a great movie and show respect for people doing their job, and save that hate for another thread.
My dislike for DeNiro has nothing to do with his movies or hate or the referred to "P".....it is all about the foul mouthed language he uses in public forums. Which even by today's low standards is just not acceptable.