View Single Post

Old 12-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I studied Philosophy in college at the University of Nevada, Reno. Philosophy does require thinking for yourself. Had started as pre-med but after volunteering at the Veterans' Hospital for a year of Saturdays in 1978-1979 had decided that I could not deal all that well with people passing often whom you had grown close to by taking care of them. There had been several losses of people there while I was volunteering. And the math was kind of harder than I expected.

Unfortunately, a lot of the people I cared about here in the Villages have passed on or moved out to be nearer family. NOTHING but hard.

You do need to be fairly open to new ideas while studying Philosophy. And I have talked with people with many different views of things here in the Villages or nearby.

I was very interested in the problem of evil-- why a good and just God would allow terrible things to happen to good people.
Try NOTHING but When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold S. Kushner. I just got it out and am going to read it again quickly. If I didn't have my faith I'd be lost.

I was keyed into this book in the last year by an extremely close person from NOTHING. Out of respect, no name. Sorta proves NOTHING is Something else. People have to come to their own conclusions but this book gives some great guidelines.