View Single Post

Old 12-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigal View Post
I thought the Christmas Tree Lighting in Brownwood was not in the spirit of Christmas, but in the Spirit of making money.
1) Really, an arcade at a Christmas tree lighting, and vendors peddling their wares.
2) not lighting the Christmas tree until 8:40 at night. It should have been lit at 5:00.
3) not one Christmas carol or mention of the holy day occurred. Has the Villages gone Atheist?
4)VIP seating, and shame on those who fell for it. We sat there for free every year. It is a community event, that the counties pay thousands for a band to entertain us:and we enjoy the music. So... no chairs for the locals, just for the people who paid to have a free drink, a seat, and a roped in area. Come on, this is nonsense!
It looked like all of these people were enjoying it. I think all people celebrate Christmas differently and only God knows what is in their hearts. The bleachers had a place folks could sit if you got there early. All of these folks, all of these humans pictured in this photograph did not have to pay to be there. NOT one. There was a small tent that seated fifty folks who could pay and in return get drinks and snacks and at least part of their money went to charity.

The event was FREE. The tree lighting was FREE. It wasn't dark at five. Dear me.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Lots of people at the square.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	82076