View Single Post

Old 12-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Sage

It would be great if you could do another drone video starting at Brownwood and going south over the land where the golf cart path will eventually reside so we can see what progress has been made. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Today's Villages magazine insert shed greater uncertainty on when connectivity will happen between the north and south ends of The Villages. Many times what isn't said is just as important as what is said.

In the December 2018 edition connectivity was shown as January 2020, obviously over optimistic.

Earlier this year in one of the videos put out by The Villages it was stated that the May time-frame was the date for connectivity, now this appears questionable.

Looking at the insert that arrived this morning there are no dates mentioned only the statement "...next year you'll be able to travel by golf car through a network of bridges and tunnels that are under construction." (page 15). This makes the connectivity date vague at best. Also interesting to note is the date for when Magnolia Plaza will become a reality has now changed to "COMING SOON", (page 14 map) not a reassuring date.

Amazingly, if you drive to the Tailwinds area on CR466A, the Publix that is being built there if coming up very quickly and work there only started about 2 months ago, not 6 months ago like Magnolia Plaza. The differences are somewhat staggering to see.

As we close in on 3 years since the first homes were sold in Fenney I can't help but wonder about the level of frustration many are feeling in not just the slow progress at making the connectivity but also the complete lack of communications by the developer in keeping people informed. A press release with few paragraphs of facts and information, not the usual sales hype, in the newspaper would go a very long way in dispelling the rumors and misinformation that continues to fly about. As a privately owned company the developer is not obligated to say anything but the silence is becoming deafening.

The new areas are absolutely gorgeous and the amenities continue to get better than we've seen before with each new opening, and I've considered many times relocating there as I've watched the area grow and develop. I've learned to watch both hands of the magician as he performs his magic, here it's become harder to watch the non-show hand to get a good comfort level, and I'm just not there yet.

On a somewhat more positive note, the steal has started to arrive for the Chitty-Chatty bridge next to the Rohan so work should start soon on this 3rd bridge. One has to wonder though if it will just become another giant billboard for the next year.

In a few years I'm sure we'll all look back and say "Wow, that happened quick", but for now things seem to be stumbling along.