Thread: Starbucks...
View Single Post

Old 12-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Up north we had Willoughby's, a local roaster chain. It was slow-roast low-heat and their Sumatra Mandheling was to die for. It was also stupidly expensive, $19/lb. But it was a best seller and they roasted it a couple times every month. We had a few other local roasters as well but again it was expensive, and we'd usually just pick up 1/4 lb for a special treat to last us a few days.

Our usual brand was - believe it or not - 8 o'clock Columbian, right off the supermarket shelves. We also liked the supermarket's brand of organic Sumatra. Not as good as fresh-roasted but it was still nutty, smooth, and robust.

At the moment we're enjoying Cafe Bustelo espresso-style coffee, because I have a Keurig Cafe coffeemaker with built-in milk steamer/frother. So I'm drinking a cappuccino every single morning. With powdered cinnamon.

I also come from the land of 100 Starbucks. I don't like their coffee, but I get free Starbucks credits for various survey stuff and staying at Choice Hotels whenever we travel. When I do go, I don't pay for it and haven't EVER actually paid out of pocket for Starbucks. I doubt I ever will. But they have a chicken with basil and melted cheese sandwich that is filling and not overly offensive-tasting, and once in awhile I "earn" a free cappuccino - which of course I take advantage of.
OrangeBlossomBaby, I did make it to Willoubhy’s and picked up a 1 pound bag of Sumatra Mandheling, at this time it’s a one time treat but it is very smooth, thanks for the recommendation.