View Single Post

Old 12-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Something needs to be done to change the Federal ADA law. My brother is legally blind and is on his third highly trained seeing eye dog. He could not get around without his dog, and his dogs have more than once saved his life by pulling him away from oncoming traffic (blind people can’t hear those dam electric vehicles approaching). Until the last couple of years no one has ever questioned his seeing eye dog and they have always been welcome at all public places. More recently he is frequently questioned and some places have tried to deny them access. This is because all the people with fake service dogs have managed to deledgitimentize acceptance of real service dogs. In my opinion people who try to pass fake service dogs as being ledgitiment should be punished as criminals.

I agree. If you need emotional support from animal 🦔 it’s mental problem. The blind IMO are the only true service dogs other than very few who medical condition may need animal to sense emergency which would be very low number like same odds as winning pick 5 lotto game. Which means if you see one other than with blind person it’s miracle.