View Single Post

Old 12-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

My experience is I loved electric carts. Smooth no smell and less initial expense. I also thought less moving parts less to go wrong. But I found that to be fallacy. Too many gimmicks like regenerative and high speed controllers, etc. But as TV grew larger the range became a problem. Yes you will be quoted some very favorable mileage per charge numbers but they are usually at peak new battery life. As each day goes by the batteries degrade and the range decreases. I need to travel the bridge daily to the historic side. That will drain the old batteries in a heartbeat. But let's do this - if you are settled in and know your daily routine which will be a round of golf and trip to the local square electric is for you. If you are a newbie and a round of golf plus undetermined which square tonight plus where are the new friends having tonights get together you should steer towards Yamaha gas. They got the market cornered. Lithium batteries are still in the experimental stage and very expensive. I doubt you will beat the return on investment value before an unexplained issue arrives.