View Single Post

Old 12-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I have my own barometer of when to bail (I hope never). Watch the flower beds. When they stop changing them 3X per year it will be time to take the profits and run.

If I recall from the resident college course The Developer is responsible for maintenance and landscaping in the business districts. That would include all the common areas around each town square and all commercial areas like shopping centers, medical facilities, Waterfront Hotel, etc. That's still a lot of flowers. Been a long time since I took the course - how about you ?
The commercial CDDs have a slightly different structure for their maintenance assessments. SL is basically self sufficient in this respect while Brownwood is very similar to the residential CDDs and is the only one with a seat at the PWAC. The Brownwood commercial properties proper are maintained by the BWCDD but the common areas (the open areas, MMP, the golf cart traffic circle, etc.) fall under the project wide agreement. The other commercial properties like 466 I'm unsure of. The all make use of the volume buying power and clout by going through the District Purchasing Department.

In a given location such as around one of the neighborhood rec areas/pool/mail station you can easily have portions of the landscaping maintenance being paid for by the individual CDD, the amenity fund, and the Project Wide fund. Fortunately for residents this is all basically transparent to our enjoyment and is more of a back office exercise in cost allocations.

I go through the budgets for CDD10, PWF, and amenity funds every year with a fine tooth comb. The process we have is complex but it works very for our situation.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 12-03-2019 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added content