View Single Post

Old 12-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

At least they extended the $34 rate from Sept 30th until Dec 31st (that's Oct, Nov, Dec), that was 3 more months of a reasonable rates. A lot of people complained it wasn't the $24 or less we use to see, but that would normally end in September. I don't mind the $34 all summer and up to New Year's. I had often said, up north I paid about $33 to $37 as a senior for most courses, I would love to see that here and I now do for 8 months as a non-priority resident.

The bigger rate jump is only four months and I'll probably still play 18, but normally during winter rates a couple of us in my group will play just 9 holes. The only negative is you have to wait for 1:00 or later teetime. A few years ago we use to switch off to executives, but I found only playing 90 minutes and only pulling the driver once or twice out of the bag didn't fulfill my golf. So then I bought a Clicgear and walked the 9 holes, which was very enjoyable but I had to stop since I was diagnosed with emphysema 4 years ago. However with 9 holes on a championship course, you're using your driver about 7 times and a round will take a minimum of 2 hours and your not restricted to driving on the cart path, and you're not stuck behind some new golfers so much while they learn the game.