View Single Post

Old 12-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolts View Post
I've been making our dogs' food for many years, it's one of the best things you can do for their health. I know of places to get better prices but you'll have to make a drive to get them. Hopkins meat market in Sanford has very good prices on cases of chicken quarters if that's what you're looking for. Sometimes they get fantastic deals on boneless chicken breast too, you can just watch their Facebook page to see. Also Costco has whole chicken for 99 cents a pound or they did last time I checked. They also have organic whole chickens for $1.99 per pound which is a really good price for that. For the veggies I find the produce stands/stores to have better prices than grocery but I normally just buy at Publix for convenience. Publix also had whole turkeys for 49 cents a pound for weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and they will probably have them again before Christmas. I bought a bunch of them for the freezer and will cut them up and use them for my dogs' food recipe, I make food once a week for them and one whole turkey works perfectly for my recipe. Cutting it up is the only difficult part.
Thanks! Where is the nearest Costco? Sam's is such a zoo I try to avoid it.

I saw those turkeys at Publix. I'll look for them again, and look at Hopkins FB page.