View Single Post

Old 12-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
That’s a bit over the top, don’t you think? I’m going to assume you’re just having a bad day.
Yeah, but not by much. If you get caught going 20.1 in a golf cart, they can pretty much throw the book at you, and you have not created a single safety issue vis a vis driving the same cart at exactly 20.0. Yet, the law allows "street legal carts", which wallow around on the boulevards at 25 with cars going 35 (or more). They eventually cause accidents as drivers make careless moves to get around them. Then there are the cyclists who ride on those same roads in a pack, and blow through stop signs and yield signs as though they were a single entity. I'm sure you've come around a roundabout to encounter the equivalent of a funeral procession cutting right in front of you. I couldn't care less if someone is going 22 or 23 on a MMP or rolls through a stop sign when no one is coming (most of the stop signs on MMPs should be yield signs anyway). I do care when driving behavior creates a safety issue, and that is where the focus of enforcement should lie.