View Single Post

Old 12-04-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
My biggest complaint is the work being done on Warm Springs Ave, aka 468. The changes are being done piece meal instead of doing it all at one time. It took a long time to get the intersection of 501 and Warms Springs completed. The work on widening the road to 4 lanes between 501 and 301 is still going on and it has been over a year. The new roundabout on the east side of the turnpike created another bottleneck and congestion, and now after months of that mess and it is completed, then they create another choke point by digging up the road for a golf cart tunnel. The slow pace of construction is uncalled for, they're digging in sand not blasing granite to build the roadway. I know it isn't all contractor's fault as the work is being done by the state, county, and whoever, but you would think some of these well paid decision makers would use a bit of common sense. As you can tell I'm getting pretty tired of detours and sand and debris on the roadway.
I drive Warm Spring almost every day. I am amazed at how well the road work went, keeping the road open while everything got done. If you don’t like how it’s done then you could be part of the solution, use 301 even if it’s out of the way.