View Single Post

Old 12-05-2019, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We were going to Kohls, so it was a good chance to stop today. We got there early, about a 11:15 and that was good. By the time we left about 12:15 the place was packed and people were flooding into the place.

I saw a few items on the menu I would order, shrimp dinner, it said 30 shrimp but in the photo they looked bigger than popcorn, with cole slaw and fries. A Philly Cheese Steak, a French Dip Roast Beef sandwich, a Flat Iron Steak, but I settled on a hamburger. I figured I would start with the basics. In the menu they have all the burgers loaded, which I can't stand, I told Jackie M a great waitress, that I wanted just a burger with no cheese and just grilled onions. My wife who is not a big eater and always looks for chicken, took the Chicken Breast BLT, she had them to hold the bacon and hold the cheese.

She loved her chicken breast sandwich, it was a real breast not processed with the grill marks and it came on the same roll as my burger. My hamburger was the best hamburger I've ever eaten. The bun is a mixture of sesame seed and black seeds on top. The burger was so juicy, I know the grilled onions add to the flavor, but I think they added butter or something, but it was not dried out, which is many times the case. The only negative were the fries, they were nothing special. Ketchup helped them, but I just didn't find the taste all that great, next time I think I try cole slaw.

I noticed that from 3pm to 5pm Mon - Thur they have several nice offerings for $8.99, I thought with Road House next door which doesn't open until 3pm on those days, it was a good attempt at competing. The items were a 6 oz sirloin, a chopped steak, I can't remember the others, but it seemed like a good deal.