View Single Post

Old 12-05-2019, 10:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusix View Post
It is such a disgrace - and abuse - I've seen dogs in the tag office - sitting on the seats - we have to sit on - I did write and they did say they talked to the guy and it was not a support dog. My husband has Parkinson - tripping over a leash is so dangerous - Dog owners THINK everyone is there to give (THEM) or attention to their dog. I am allergic to dogs - where do my rights come into play here?!? I've seen people bring dogs into the grocery store - in the basket that we all have to use - yes there are wipes - but can you wipe down the entire cart? This is being abused - and when we have asked the manager why they don't do something - their answer was - we are not ALLOWED to ASK them by law if they have papers and if it is a service dog. Please change and enforce this to protect and respect the rights of all. I have no problems with a 'real' service dog - they are well trained - behave and sit on the floor - helping their owner. I'd say it's about time a law is passed and hope it is enforced.
NO to 'emotional' support dogs - only SERVICE DOGS!
No they don't have the right to ask for proof of their dog's training. But they DO have the right to require that the dog remain on the floor, leashed, and in close proximity to its owner at all times. Service dogs are trained to NOT jump up on the chairs, and "on duty" service dogs are not found in baskets or strollers or their owner's arms.

The term is "four on the floor." If this isn't happening, then the manager of the store has the RIGHT to kick the dog and its owner out.