View Single Post

Old 12-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Food for thought. In the words of a poster by the name of Orangebone from another site:

"I think The Villages is growing large enough that more activities should be separated by social and economic class. We need to begin charging for more free events so we can limit the size of the crowds that are descending on all the town squares. Charging wealthier people money for formerly free activities can generate additional income plus begin to separate the Villages community into the haves and have nots. Special treatment based on money is everywhere, why not here in The Villages? We aren’t all equal anymore here in the Villages, some have little money and live on fixed incomes, others have large investments, pensions, large IRA’s and can afford a richer lifestyle. Why shouldn’t the Villages take advantage of that?

I'll reemphasize these are not my words or necessarily my point of view just perhaps the second side of a two sided coin.
The second side is corroded...………………………...

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 12-07-2019 at 01:05 PM.