View Single Post

Old 12-07-2019, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
My husband was here at home with hospice care for the last 6 months of his life. I cannot say enough good about Compassionate Care Hospice! They truly live up to their name. Once you are admitted to hospice, the hospice part of Medicare takes over. They paid for everything he medically needed.....his bed, meds, oxygen, supplies, etc. Wonderful, caring nurses, volunteers, support. We were paying out the nose, even with insurance prior to hospice. He also qualified for help from the VA, even though he was not RETIRED military nor had a service connected disability. He was a Korean War era veteran. That, too, was a God send. Our estate is very much intact.

With hospice and the VA, we were able to be at home (he was confined to a hospital bed) with each other to the very end. Our major problem was keeping up with the TV remote! (It is a guy thing, you know.) Please don't count them out.
What a good post Dilly and thank you for passing along this information. My very good neighbor and friend kept her husband at home to the end with the help of hospice, she was able to have the children with her when he passed. Unfortunately death is a taboo subject in our society and it really is difficult to get information.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak