View Single Post

Old 12-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,435 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
Very interesting thread. For my tuppence, I bought in Marsh Bend and being non-US resident the pull to TV was to be able to use golf carts and not a car, which will sit around for 6 months rotting. I am in no rush for the plaza yet (selfish) but that's only because our home isn't scheduled to be completed unti July 2020, and we will only be able to visit 3 weeks a year for the first few years until I retire so I guess I will just have to hire a car form MCO (any excuse for a mustang convertable..... I check the home sites every day and note that there don't appear to be many sales of the designer homes around my area, possibly due to the the run up to Christmas, and possibly due to the humongous asking price in excess of $300k for the lot. The taxes are massive as well, over $7k and I don't even get a vote.... hey ho, that's the joys of two homes in two continents I guess.

Keep the photos from the drone and plane coming. as it keeps the dream alive and real and is VERY much appreciated.
The designers in Marsh Bend are selling very well, most are buying spec homes as the wait to build is extended , it's amazing to see how many people are living there in the designers, very few golf course lots left for sale and they are continuing to build further west toward 301. $7,000 per year for taxes is not a terribly high amount, many parts of this country are double and triple what they are here in TV for homes of similar value . If you're not coming back until July, you'll be shocked on how fast it is growing.