View Single Post

Old 12-08-2019, 09:41 PM

Have said in the past and will say again, play the ball where it lies and stop complaining about the course. Oh its wet, oh its dry, oh the sand is hard, oh the sand is soft, the grass is too deep, oh the grass is too short, oh the greens are too fast, oh the greens are to slow. Have you ever thought it is the player and not the course. Go out and practice or accept the fact as Michael Phelps was told by Hank Haney " face it, you are not that good". Played Mallory today and it was absolutely horrible!!!! There was earth on the course that was uneven, the sun was too beautiful, the ball was round and it rolled too much, the hole on the green was round and not big enough and it had a flag in it. I hit into a sand trap and the sand was way too white. I got so far away from the clubhouse bar that I had to keep hitting that stupid round ball just to get back to the bar and pay those ridiculously cheap prices for beer. Oh yeah and towards the end of this miserable day the beautiful missus and I had 4 guys two holes behind us that was really irritating. Then to top it all off I had to drive 8 minutes in my golf cart back to my house. If this kind of life keeps up I think I will just have to move up north to a place that has 6 feet of snow where all I have to do is dream about what golf is about in January.