View Single Post

Old 12-10-2019, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Absolutely retire as young as possible. Know your income. If you are not at or more than $100,000.00 annual expendable income, I would stay clear of The Villages. I asked that question when we were looking here and was told by the villages realtor that we would need around $50,000.00 to live comfortably. Not True, that would have had us moving out in the first year. Don’t get me wrong, we love it here and live in a modest Designer, but we would not be comfortable with a combined $50K income. I would question the Comfortable reference even for a trailer on the historic side, But again, if you can afford it, we highly recommend this place.
A lot depends on your monthly expenses. No mortgage or car payment lowers your outflow. The entertainment The Sharon vs Savannah Center price difference is significant. Our biggest expense is restaurant especially because we rarely eat at chains. Some of my friend go on several expensive vacations a year. I feel like I live on vacation so that limits our travel dollars. The other expense is Golf Priority and Green Fees 3 days a week. A major reason we moved here was for the 18 hole courses. The golf expense is going up not down.