View Single Post

Old 12-11-2019, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,540 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post
I'm not seeking a massive mall. Just a basic grocery store and maybe a few actual restaurants. Something between food trucks and the Fenney Grill.

I would not complain if the Magnolia Plaza was going full bore with construction. But it is not. It has been stagnant now for weeks. They built the parking lot and gave up. For basic grocery shopping we are left to fight our way through the construction of the Chitty Chatty Village.

In the meantime, the Publix grocery on 466A near the Lowes is going full bore, moving ahead despite starting later, with a Winn Dixie in a baseball hit distance from it.

I am not seeing The Villages commitment to the infrastructure in this area. I will warn away potential buyers here for this reason.

The Morse family are builders. They build houses and they build buildings that house hospitals and stores and rec centers etc. When it comes to getting businesses to commit to leasing the buildings, that is another thing. You can't make a restaurant or clothing shop or grocery store rent space. I have been here long enough to have heard this cry many times and eventually the businesses come.