Thread: Tip question
View Single Post

Old 12-11-2019, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
If I use a mobile groomer, which as many of you know, charge about $15 more for a dog than a regular groomer, and the person grooming owns the business, do I still tip also? I know years ago for hairdressers you didnt tip if it was the owner, but my sister who is a hairdresser said that no longer applies so I was wondering about dog grooming and tipping.
The extra $15 is probably to help with the cost of Insurance, Truck Payment, Maintenance, Gas, Travel Time and convenience to their customers. For me personally, it worked out a whole lot better to have the Groomer come to the house and pay the extra and tip the nice lady because I watched her handle our boy just like either of us would or better. I would tip. Just give what you feel is correct. Nobody can tell you how much is correct for you. We gave between $10 & $20 extra. He was a big dog, around 95 lbs.

Not tipping the owner is Old School. I asked this question of my oldest son and he said BLTW. Everybody started laughing except me because I had no idea what the hell he was talking about. It meant Break Loose Tight Wad. I was only a question I take care of those who take care of me properly. Never a show-off.