View Single Post

Old 12-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Default I agree!

When I first found The Villages, it seemed too good to be true! I immediately googled for information about this place. Talk of The Villages popped up and I read for hours about this fantastic place. It was my way to get to know this place and if we wanted to retire here. For the most part, it was very positive and informative. As you can see from my posting numbers, I don't post very much but do visit regularly to read. For about 4-5 years, it was good but about a year or so after we bought (hadn't moved full time yet) I started reading posts that were very negative about The Villages (developers) and also the residents - how everyone was mean and greedy - rude and disrespectful.

As we came for our next short stay, we were a little worried that we had purchased into a community that wasn't what we thought. But upon arrival, found that we were having the same positive and happy experience as always! I guess some will always have a negative outlook (no matter where they are or what they are doing) and some will be positive. I choose to embrace all things wonderful about this place.