View Single Post

Old 12-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
I see people being dropped off all the time and have no issue with that. I do however, have concerns about why those folks don't use their turn signals or flashers to show that they are stopped and/or pulled over?
Driver's Ed (in day's gone bye but, it's still true) taught that signals were to let other people know what what going on and alert them to the driver's intention. Nowadays it's, "I'm in the middle of a turn, better put my signal on."
Somehow, a lot of folks have forgotten about the rules of the road and what the "right of way."
I also don't have an issue with anyone dropping off or picking up someone who obviously has a difficult time maneuvering themselves around. I do however have an opinion about those that park along the curbside just waiting for that person to come out. I say that bothers me because when cars approaching from both directions one having to go around the one sitting alongside the curb is unsafe. They are creating a potential situation that could easily be avoided by simply parking in a space then having the person in the store call on the phone to say "I'm ready, come pick me up" At Publix that could be avoided by allowing the person bagging your groceries to take your cart outside to your waiting car (waiting in a parking space) Please think of others safety. Please don't park on the curb just to get your lottery tickets etc. "Oh, it's only for a minute, get over it" I just love that comment! Last thing, please slow down driving up and down the parking lot aisles and along the front of the stores. In Clearwater where I used to live there were speed bumps along the fronts of the stores in many strip plazas. Happy New Year!

Last edited by Michael Charles; 12-12-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Spelling