View Single Post

Old 12-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
In the brochure they handed out they said be prepared to be "wowed" by the display homes in Marsh Bend. As pointed out the back lanais had a nice view and half had pools. The interior did not wow me. Most of the bedrooms had carpet, the closets were not that large and only a few had a custom organization system. I did not see any with plantation shutters or crown molding.
True, a lot of the extra bedrooms had only 1/2 wall closets, some of the masters also had minimal closet space. The plantation shutters and crown molding appear to be a thing of the past and they are not seen in most of the models. We always had the moldings but when we bought down here it just didn't seem like it added anything to the interior as most of these are a tad on the contemporary side. My two favorites in Marsh Bend were the Linden and Ivy models. In the Ivy they moved the counter back closer to the appliances and eliminated the island giving more room to the living area but a lot less room and working space in the kitchen, I would prefer more room in the kitchen.